#FridayReads

(Jennifer D.) #1

#FridayReads is a popular hashtag on Twitter and other social media, and is a great way to hear about people's reads each week.

Tell us: what is your #FridayReads this week?

Happy reading. smile

(Jennifer D.) #2

Today, I am reading The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules, by Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg. It's a bit silly and simple.... but I am hoping it will be a fun bit of distraction.

(Jennifer D.) #3

So, what are you reading this Friday?

This morning, I just finished Delicious Foods, by James Hannaham. It was very visceral ,vivid and creative, and deals with such important and difficult issues.

(The Reading Hedgehog) #4

Even though it's no longer Friday, I'm still reading the same thing I was yesterday: Frostborn by Lou Anders - a debut Middle Grade fantasy adventure set in a Viking-inspired world. It is really, really good so far (I'm almost done). I'm also indulging myself with a few manga: Attack on Titan,Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic.

(Joyce Dixon) #5

My #FridayRead is the memoir Then and Now by Barbara Cook. A southern girl from Atlanta goes to New York City to sing on Broadway. But all is not perfect for this Diva. Fascinating story of dealing with addiction and redemption.

(Jennifer D.) #6

My #FridayReads this week is Barkskins, by Annie Proulx. It's meaty and giving so much to think about. Happy reading, everyone! :slight_smile:

(Michele Risner) #7

I'm reading Two By Two by Nicholas Sparks

(Jennifer D.) #8

Happy Friday, everyone! Let's bring this thread back to life, shall we? :slight_smile:

What are you reading today?

I am currently reading Three Strong Women, by Marie NDiaye. I have only read one of her previous works, All My Friends. I find her style quite visceral, distinct, dark and twisty. I don't know if I can say it's an enjoyable experience reading NDiaye, but I don't doubt that she's a talented writer.

Can't wait to hear about your reads. Can we ever have too many books on our TBR lists?

(Penny / Literary Hoarders ) #9

Sorry for not writing any response on Friday!
On Friday I finished reading SLEEPING GIANTS, which was an okay read.
Last night I just cracked open PACHINKO which I'm looking forward to reading more of tonight.

(Jennifer D.) #10

Oh, gosh! No worries, Penny -- happy to hear from you today!!

So glad to see you have started Pachinko - it's high on my own list of reading priorities, so I hope to get to it soon. Soonish? #SoManyBooks :slight_smile:

(Love the cover design on this book too!!)

(Penny / Literary Hoarders ) #11

Yes! I can't stop looking at how those pins seem to be 3-dimensional and pop off the cover! It's hypnotizing!

(BookBroad) #12

I'm a little late, but on Friday I read A Man Called Ove. It is a wonderful book and I started and finished it on Friday. It was one of those where I wished it was longer but, at the same time, it ended exactly the way it needed to.

(Jennifer D.) #13

Hi, @BookBroad! Thanks for letting us know what you were reading on Friday! 'Ove' is a lovely read, so glad to hear you felt it wonderful!!

(Jennifer D.) #14

Ahhh. Friday!! Hope your week has gone well and that your plans for the weekend include some reading time!

Tell us about your #FridayReads for this week -- we love hearing about what your reading. :slight_smile:

(Cheri) #15

Finished Stiletto last night so I get to start my #FridayReads fresh with The Man in the High Castle. Been wanting to read it for a while now and the audio seems good so far.

(Jennifer D.) #16

Sounds awesome, @Cheri!! I hope you continue to enjoy it -- my dad loved The Man in the High Castle!

(Jennifer D.) #17

I just finished reading Lawrence HIll's first novel, Some Great Thing. It was pretty interesting, though the flow was a little wonky. I've read his later books The Book of Negroes (Someone Knows My Name, in the US edition), and The Illegal. Each is so very different from one another, which is cool. I enjoyed seeing what his first novel was like.

Now.... i just have to decide what to read next!! #SoManyBooks. :relaxed:

Happy Friday everyone!

(Penny / Literary Hoarders ) #18

Oops. I thought I was posting in this one. heehee. I'm reading Setting Free the Kites and enjoying very much.

(Jennifer D.) #19

:blush:

Seeing that book cover... there was a Canadian novel last year, female author, that looked like that - ferris wheel. Hmmm!?!

(Jennifer D.) #20

Snort! I stand corrected... it was a wooden rollercoaster. :joy:
though this is a different edition/cover of the book.
Ah well... life is a carnival, as they say!