#FridayReads

(Penny / Literary Hoarders ) #21

Oh wow....you know...I wasn't even looking very closely at this cover! I didn't even realize it was a roller coaster! Which is fitting for the story - an amusement park features in it. :smile:

(Penny / Literary Hoarders ) #22

I mean ferris wheel - but roller coasters and carousels too. :slight_smile:

(Jennifer D.) #23

Ahhhh. Friday once again! Hope you all have had a great week and that the weekend ahead involves some relaxing reading time!!

What is your #FridayReads for this week? Looking forward to hearing about all your great reads!

Happy Friday! :blush:

(BookBroad) #24

This Friday I'm on These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly.

(Penny / Literary Hoarders ) #25

Oh, have you read any of Jennifer Donnelly before @BookBroad? I've always been aware of her books but haven't read one yet. This one looks very interesting!

Happy Friday! I'm enjoying a delightful day off - a perk day off from work this Friday every year. It's divine!

I'm going to crack open Number 11 by Jonathan Coe today. I'm new to Coe, having only just read a few weeks ago, The Rain Before it Falls. I was in love and hoping to have the same happen with Number 11. :slight_smile: https://www.rifflebooks.com/books/886790

(BookBroad) #26

This is the first of hers that I have read, but I am enjoying it so far. She has a sly wit that I like.

(Jennifer D.) #27

several years ago, i read donnelly's a northern light - and i quite liked it a lot! i was considering giving it to my niece, so wanted to see if it was good... and appropriate. my niece was about 14 at the time. i've meant to read more of her, in particular the tea rose.

(karenbrissette) #28

i am reading the blinds, and it is a lot of fun!

(Janine Tabor) #29

I'm just about to start Black Powder War by Naomi Novik. It's third in the Temierre series. Excellent dragon Fantasy!

(Penny / Literary Hoarders ) #30

Yes, I have seen A Northern Light around (and I do think The Tea Rose too??) - I just wasn't sure if it was too YA in content?? But I picked that one up, borrowed it from the library but never did open it! :frowning: I'm off to peek if they have These Shallow Graves too!

(Jennifer D.) #31

It's #FridayReads time - YAY!

Please let us know which books you are enjoying today - we love hearing about your reading, and adding to our TBR lists!

Hope you all have a great day, and that a wonderful, cozy weekend of reading is in store for you all.

Lovely image by Julianna Swaney.

(Jennifer D.) #32

i am so happy it's friday!! phew. :blush:

at the moment, i have the rabbit back literature society underway. i am not sure about it, even though i am about halfway through it. i am hoping i become more invested during the second half.

(Cheri) #33

I'm continuing with Lock In by John Scalzi (the Wil Wheaton as narrator version). It's my second listen by Scalzi and I very much like his style.

(Penny / Literary Hoarders ) #34

Great image @Jennifer_D!
Wish the Friday work day was done and that image was of me! :slight_smile: Looking forward to spending all kinds of cozy reading time this weekend, starting tonight - I'm continuing to read and enjoy Pachinko.

I'm also listening to Straight Man by Richard Russo and it's been a good one so far! So seeing Wil Wheaton as a narrator is interesting @Cheri!!

Happy Friday everyone! Enjoy!
Later today here at work it won't be so terribly bad - there's going to be cake! A co-worker's birthday is today. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

(karenbrissette) #35

i read that rabbit back book, too, and i did not love it. the cover and synopsis were so promising, but it never came together for me, sadly. i finished the animators, and i definitely recommend it. now i am reading bring her home. s'okay:

(Jennifer D.) #36

hi, karen!! doh!! i really value your reviews and opinions. i had already felt like it wasn't really going to come together for me... even though a small bit of me was hoping it would. haha!! usually if i feel this way at this stage (halfway), it sustains. it's rare for a complete turnabout. ah well. i will try to plow through to finish. (i have a terrible habit of mostly finishing every book i begin. though i do sometimes do it, i find quitting on a read difficult.)

glad to read your endorsement of the animators!! :slight_smile:

(Jennifer D.) #37

HA! same here. i am going to do my best impression of that image in about.... 3 hours! wheee!!!

(Jennifer D.) #38

i am not an audiobook person (i fall asleep nearly right away, lulled by dulcet tones. hahaha!), but i would imagine wil wheaton to be a great narrator!

(BookBroad) #39

I haven't seen those yet, but I would like to read A Northern Light.

(Jennifer D.) #40

Friday once again! Are your books calling to you? :blush:

Tell us: what are you reading today?

(Illustration: Paula Becker)