Give me a name of a scariest horror book you know

(secret spy) #1

Give me a name of a scariest horror book you know.I will appreciate your help.Thanks in advance.

Jenny

(Janine Tabor) #2

Letters to the Damned by Austin Crawley gets pretty creepy.

(Stef J.) #3

My favorites are It by Stephen King and The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson, but they aren’t for everyone, even though I love them intensely. It is over 1,000 pages long and Hill House has a vintage 50’s contemporary feel that young or infrequent readers may be off put by.

That being said, here is some other amazing and popular horror fiction I recommend, much more accesible:

NOVELS:
Carrie, by Stephen King, much shorter than It and a classic to boot (the first published novel by the master of horror, a pop culture icon)
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, universally beloved for its unsettling tone and so surprising if you don’t know the story (hint: the Hollywood version was made in the 1930’s and heavily censored, so what you see in the movies isn’t half of it)

SHORT STORIES:
The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar, a very frightening short story by Edgar Allen Poe
The Lottery, a disturbing and very creepy short story by Shirley Jackson
The Cycle of the Werewolf, a novella by Stephen King (like most werewolf stories, this one should be read alone in the dark)

Finally, I found a more universal list for you and I’m linking it below:

I chose this list specifically because it’s full of good stuff. I hope this helps!