Riffle Book Records - Covers or Descriptions Needed?

(Jennifer D.) #1

Hi everyone!!

If you encounter an existing book record on the Riffle Books site that is missing a cover or a description, please let me know here (please either provide the ISBN(s) here, or copy and paste the URL from Riffle Books into this space to help me with accuracy) and I will update the record so it reflects more accurately.

Thank you!

:blush:

(BookBroad) #2

Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson
Peril at End House by Agatha Christie
The Accidental Vampire by Lynsay Sands
Reflex by Dick Francis
The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

(Penny / Literary Hoarders ) #3

This shows up here - but when I went to put it on my Currently Reading it shows up as a grey cover/no picture.

(Jennifer D.) #4

Thank you -- I will take a look at this and fix any wonkiness. Maybe there is another edition hiding back there that needs some help :slight_smile:

Thank you!! I will investigate these records to try and find the editions with problems, then fix them up as needed. :slight_smile:

(Jennifer D.) #5

@Penny_Kollar and @BookBroad: I have been working on book records and hope that those your reported are now showing for you with covers and descriptions. If you have cleared your caches, things should appear fine. If not -- do let me know, and provide a direct link to the particular record that is still wonky.

Thank you!!

(Penny / Literary Hoarders ) #6

Bingo! Thanks Jennifer! That worked!

(Jennifer D.) #7

Excellent!! I' m glad that one is sorted for you, @Penny_Kollar!!

(Penny / Literary Hoarders ) #8

Here's another one Jennifer - FYI. Shows up here, but when I go to show it as currently reading it is grey cover.

(Jennifer D.) #9

Thanks, @Penny_Kollar - I'l take a peek at it to see what's up. :slight_smile:

(Penny / Literary Hoarders ) #10

Thanks Jennifer! It worked!

(Jennifer D.) #11

Great!! Thanks for letting me know. :blush:

(Janine Tabor) #12

What about changed covers? I noticed Jack Dawkins by Charlton Daines still has the old cover when the current one is much nicer! https://charltondaines.wordpress.com/2016/11/10/new-cover/

(Jennifer D.) #13

Yes, I am able to change cover images as well, @Janine_Tabor. I just have to ensure the covers remain consistent, matching with existing ISBNs. I am unable to add new book records if separate editions are being published.

I have encountered, in my wanderings around Riffle, book records that have totally wrong covers due to weird upload errors from the source. I can definitely correct those types issues too.

Thanks for reporting this one.

Edited to add:

I just checked on the publisher's website and the cover has not yet been updated. I will keep my eye on this over the next while to see if they change the cover, or if they add a new edition.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/charlton-daines/jack-dawkins/paperback/product-21199183.html

(Penny / Literary Hoarders ) #14

hi @Jennifer_D - I have another one here: The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova

(Jennifer D.) #15

Haha!! i just saw this on my feed and was about to say "I'm on it!" got my wee list of fixes going and will get this handled in a few minutes :blush: Thanks, Penny!!

(Jennifer D.) #16

it's updated now. if you clear your cache, the cover should now be showing. :blush:

(Cheri) #17

Hi Jennifer - This one seems to have the same problem as a few of the others. The cover shows up on the book page but not on my list of "currently reading" on the main page.

Thanks for your help!

(Jennifer D.) #18

Hi Cheri! Thanks for this information.

If you clear your cache, is the cover showing up for you now? I am seeing it display properly on your profile page, so I hope it's working for you as well. :blush:

(Cheri) #19

Looks good - thank you!!

(Jennifer D.) #20

Excellent! happy to help.