Riffle Book Records - Covers or Descriptions Needed?

(Riffle Horror) #221

Oh man, I know a thing or two about family emergencies (I’ve even caused a few of them myself :exploding_head:) and I’m sorry you had to deal with that. I hope everything had a happy ending for you.

As for the book covers and stuff, there is no rush. I was worried it had fallen off your to-do list. I see now that it hasn’t and I’m okay if it takes a few more days or longer to get to it.

Thank you for the explanation and for your patience with me. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Jennifer D.) #222

@Riffle_Horror:

no worries at all, greg!! thanks for your good wishes… things will be fine, thank goodness, but it’s been a bit of an ordeal. :confused:

i have updated those records for you now. :slight_smile:

(Riffle Horror) #223

@Jennifer_D,

Thank you for fixing those problems. I’m glad to have you back at Riffle.

Greg

(Penny / Literary Hoarders ) #224

Hi Jennifer,
I tried using the ISBN for the cover but it still comes in grey.

(Penny / Literary Hoarders ) #225

Sorry, I put in the ISBN for the ebook and it shows up that way. This one above is for the hardcover. :slight_smile:

(Jennifer D.) #226

do you have that isbn, @Penny_Literary_Hoarders? i’ve tried different ISBNs for various editions, and so far they are all coming up with covers.

(Penny / Literary Hoarders ) #227

The hardcover one is:
ISBN13: 9781501128486

(Jennifer D.) #228

hmm… when i enter that isbn in the search box on the riffle book’s site, it comes up showing a cover. when you look at it there, is it still missing the cover for you?

(Penny / Literary Hoarders ) #229

I haven’t gone back in with the hardcover ISBN, but I did put the one in for the e-book and it shows. It could very well have been my computer - I can’t remember if I was using the one at home (not super reliable) :slight_smile: or the one at work… Thanks Jennifer!

(karenbrissette) #230

i need a few spooooky covers for halloween listmaking!

dead white - alan ryan
voice of the clown - brenda brown canary (pref. ISBN 9780380796243)
toy cemetery - 9780821722282
the surrogate - 9780821722282
somebody come and play - 9780812521641
keeper of the children - 9780380452033
ghost child - 9780440129554
making puppets come alive - 9780800850739
the motion of puppets - 9781250057181

the man behind the nose - larry harmon <------ this one comes up fine on the regular screen, but when it gets put in a list, that annoying “look inside!” emblem attaches to it, which is very distracting. i’m not sure of that can be removed? with science?

thank you!!

(Jennifer D.) #231

do you have the isbn, or the riffle record # - i want to make sure i look at the right record.

riffle record number is the number in the url: this is one ‘nose’ edition, as an example: https://www.rifflebooks.com/books/385713

do you have the isbn or riffle book # for dead white, alan ryan? again, just want to make sure i am dealing with the right record.

thanks, @karenbrissette!!! :smiley:

(karenbrissette) #232

well, i managed to find an alternate cover for the “nose” one, but the bad one is number 939885

for dead white, i think there is only one, with the number 474036.

and i need ONE more (for now!)

rockinghorse number 940582

thank you thank you!!

(Jennifer D.) #233

awesome – thanks, @karenbrissette!! i’ll fix those up for you tomorrow, and keep my fingers crossed that there isn’t any wonkiness going with the system. :crossed_fingers:

(karenbrissette) #234

thank you so so much!

(karenbrissette) #235

another question - is there a way to figure out the isbn if i have the riffle id number? i was updating my haunted house list, and i wanted to use this cover for the fall of the house of usher:

and i managed to put it into my temporary unpublished list where i update without posting it live, but when i went to add the batch of books to the old list in order to publish it, i couldn’t figure out what i typed in to get it to come up, and i can’t seem to get that edition to surface in the drop-down menu in the list-making area and it is very frustrating. i just need that cover/edition to go from one list to another, but it may itself be haunted.

(Jennifer D.) #236

if the import worked properly, and it included an ISBN, i can see iron the admin side. i can check this one for you. :slight_smile:

(Jennifer D.) #237

@karenbrissette, do you have the ISBN for the surrogate?

(Jennifer D.) #238

okay… so for this book, it’s a kindle edition so there is an amazon ASIN, which is B0754KDTNG, and it does come up in the search if you use that. :slight_smile:

i’ve updated the other records, except for ‘the surrogate’. so i hope they look nifty-swell for your list making! :smiley:

(karenbrissette) #239

oops, sorry for the repeat isbn. the surrogate is actually - 9780450052651

thank you for the fixin’s! and there is ONE MORE! #532937

for some reason, i’m not able to get the list-making page to recognize ASINs as valid for adding to lists. i legit have no idea how i added the book to my “holding” list in the first place because i was making several temporary lists at the time, and it just won’t come up as an option when i search for it to add to my final list. and i can’t, like merge lists, right? in order to make it stick?

you are great and i applaud you!

(Jennifer D.) #240

hmmm. i wonder if this is a bug kenny should know about? i so rarely use ASIN’s so i haven’t run into this myself, and i am unclear as to what the expected behaviour is on the list making page when using ISBNs or ASINs.

i’ll get to the other two records later. maybe tomorrow?? sorry! weirdly, our system didn’t recognize the 13-digit ISBN you provided, but it came up when i tried the 10-digit version. :confused:

happy to help!! :slight_smile: