The Nightingale by Hannah Kristin

(Oluwatosin Lawal) #1

I’m about to read The Nightingale by Hannah Kristin as part of my books to read for the year. Anyone wants to join me?

SY400

Despite their differences, sisters Vianne and Isabelle have always been close. Younger, bolder Isabelle lives in Paris while Vianne is content with life in the French countryside with her husband Antoine and their daughter. But when the Second World War strikes, Antoine is sent off to fight and Vianne finds herself isolated so Isabelle is sent by their father to help her.

As the war progresses, the sisters’ relationship and strength are tested. With life changing in unbelievably horrific ways, Vianne and Isabelle will find themselves facing frightening situations and responding in ways they never thought possible as bravery and resistance take different forms in each of their actions.

(Jennifer D.) #2

i hope you will enjoy this read, @Oluwatosin_Lawal! timing isn’t so great for me to start it now, it is one i plan to read ‘one day’. :blush:

we have our riffle book club read for september beginning next week… perhaps you would like to join us for this one?

(Oluwatosin Lawal) #3

Thanks a lot @Jennifer_D , I tried searching for the book in my local bookstores but it wasn’t available. Hopefully then next book you’ll be reading I’ll join.:slight_smile:

(Kim@Time2Read) #4

I read The Nightingale for my local book club last summer. I enjoyed it very much. I hope you do, too! I’d love to know what you think once you have finished!

(Oluwatosin Lawal) #5

@Kim thanks a lot, I’m still on it and so far it’s really interesting

(Penny / Literary Hoarders ) #6

I really enjoyed this one! Towards the end it was one I couldn’t put down, and shed some tears over! Enjoy!

(Jennifer D.) #7

kristin hannah has a new book coming out soonish… 06 february 2018 in the US

(Kim@Time2Read) #8

I saw it on Netgalley a couple of days ago. Yeah be added it to my TBR.

(Penny / Literary Hoarders ) #9

And The NIghtingale is going to be made into a movie!

Heard it here from the Riffle list! :slight_smile: